Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lookin' Good!

Been bustin' tail getting ready for the Home Tour (yes, still).  One week from Sunday.  Seriously, I will be glad when this is over and I can go back to swillin' beer and watchin' reruns on the sofa instead of making lists of everything I have to get done in the next ten days.

I'm done with the exterior painting for the most part.  I still have to paint the front door and do a little touch up here and there, but nothing that will hold up anything else.  This coming Saturday, Mary and I will move over the trailer and then do a "dry run" to see how everything is going to flow (or not), and make our adjustments accordingly.

It's sadly poignant that the Home Tour will be on Valentine's Day when Steve is half way - seriously - around the planet.  Ooooh... here's a nice picture he sent me.

 
I think he looks pretty sharp in his foul weather gear: "foulies." (it's "The Wet" in Aus and they got something like over sixteen inches of rain as a result of Cyclone "Olga.")

Sneak Peek Time:

  
Dining room table, romantically set for two.  I have to confess that I just ate the chocolates, though, so I'ma have to go buy some more.  My bad.


Dining room window.

 
Front gable, windows, shutters, and flower box.  Very nice.


The white handles really pop.


This has nothing, really, to do with Home Tour, but I thought I'd pop in a picture of the cat.  He has the amazing gift of being able to sleep sitting up.  Seriously.


Matt painting the primer on his trim.  Gonna be "forest" green.

Time to get back to some list-making, hydrating, and Nevada Barr, "Blind Descent."