Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scraping... Scraping...

Tuesday. The front gable is not so readily scraped. As the sun never actually shines on this surface, the paint is in poor condition but not baked to peeling as it is on the back. Consequently, it requires a lot more elbow grease to make headway. I am getting off the big chunks but will resort to the sander for the balance.

The framing around the garage door is marginally more cooperative. I had to prune back a large sage to get at the trim and soffit. More patching is on the horizon. Tomorrow, Friday, I shall purchase my primer.

Wednesday I took a break from scraping and moved to the back porch where I proceeded to take down strings of lights, wind chimes, the thermometer, and the bottle opener. Stray nails were pulled, and all manner of "crap" was relocated to the vegetable garden pending disposal or permanent relocation.

I cleaned out the rock pile, too. (What? Doesn't everyone have a rock pile?)