Monday, March 29, 2010

Up Over, Down Under, Wherever We May Be...

Where did March go?  No, really?  Last thing I remember it was Home Tour and now I'm looking at April 1st looming in my headlights.  This is good and tragic.  Good, because eventually Steve and I will be on the same continent; tragic, because I had to get up extra early and finish the damn taxes and I have a work project that is seriously making me question my sanity and worse, still, the BevMo! five-cent sale is over! 

Had a lovely blind wine tasting to Celebrate Andy's birthday.  Diane and I had a great time planning the flight (red) and then sampling our selections while our guests attempted to determine which wine was which (with the winners earning fabulous prizes!).  Since we knew which wine was which, we were able to avoid the "two buck chuck!" ha!


 This is Buddy.  I love Buddy!  He is one of the coolest cats!

I spent about a week in Kingman, doing some water sampling.  Stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express, which is quite nice.  It was a good gig and on the drive up I saw the Oscar Meyer Wiener-mobile!

Driving through the desert.  It was quite green and beautiful.

It's the Wiener-mobile!  Not terribly aerodynamic but fun to look at.

Water in the Hassayampa.  You don't see that very often!

Lady Banks in bloom.  The yard smells incredible right now.

Meanwhile, at the antipode:

Steve took a holiday to Sydney.  Contrary to popular belief, the roof is not designed to look like "sails" in the harbor; it is actually sections of a sphere.

The surf at Agnes Water.  Lovely!

Those blurs are mozzies (mosquitoes), hovering around Steve's butt which is saturated in bug repellent.  That part doesn't look very fun.

Not a terribly inspired post but ya gotta start somewhere!