Monday, May 25, 2009

The Back Porch and the Casita

The three-day weekend was upon me. Friday evening would find us entertaining Danny and Joni, Mary, Brian, Matt and Denise on our, hopefully, freshly painted back porch.

I made do recycling the masking tape I already had and trying to be neat in the places I had none. I got all the crap out of the garage. And it rained. It started spitting on Wednesday, got pretty serious on Thursday night and kept right on through most of Friday morning and into the afternoon. No worries...

The pencil cactus in front of the Casita. The socks are full of sand and keep it from flooding during the summer monsoon.

Got milk?

Those zillions of two-by-fours. Taping and painting was like standing in an oven - that corrugated metal got amazingly hot.

Painted the old chest to match. It has found new life as a seat.

In the Casita: a small tray of essentials for our guests. The sink is freshly scrubbed.

Crisp sheets and the rustic comforter and pillow shams from my Mom added just the right touch.

I believe the next phase will be the east gable on the house, the trim on the exterior of the patio, and the front porch. Brick by brick, my citizens, brick by brick...